- Early Learning Goals
- Home-School link
- Hedgehogs Curriculum 2016-2017
- Letters and Sounds
- Rabbits - Year 1
- Resources for home
- South Angle Farm Trip
- Rabbits Curriculum 2017-2018
- Squirrels - Year 2
- Squirrels Curriculum 2017-2018
- Spring 1
- Autumn 1
- Autumn 2
- Foxes - Year 3
- Healthy dessert making - July 2017
- Braintree District Museum trip - Jan 2018
- Tesco Farm to Fork Trail - July 2017
- Foxes Curriculum 2017-2018
- Pirate Day - Sept 2017
- Rainforest Home Learning Projects - Autumn 2017
- World Book Day 2017
- Pizza making - June 2017
- Science Session at Newmarket Academy - July 2017
- Chocolate making - July 2017
- Owls - Year 4
- Year 4 Visit to the National Horseracing Museum, September, 2017
- Owls Class Visit to Bewilderwood
- Learning Resources
- What's in Your Lunchbox? Year 4 Visit to Newmarket Academy, October, 2017
- Owls Curriculum 2017-2018
- Introduction to Italy-Making Pizza!
- Learning About the Digestive System
- Bats - Year 5
- Bats Curriculum 2017-2018
- Badgers - Year 6
- Badgers Curriculum 2017-2018
Our topic this term is India…
In Literacy we will be…
- Using a range of imperative verbs and conjunctions to write instructions in chronological order.
- Discussing a range of structural and language features of information texts.
- Using subtitles, bullet points, third person, present tense, diagrams, fact boxes etc. to write non-chronological reports about India.
- Learning how to use and write a glossary, index and contents page.
- Spelling using silent letters.
- Joining our handwriting.
- Using basic punctuation to make our writing easy to read (capital letters, full stops, exclamation marks, question marks and commas in lists).
In Maths we will be…
- Using our knowledge of the 2, 5 and 10 times table to solve simple multiplication and division equations.
- Learning and recalling a range of multiplication and division facts.
- Solving problems involving multiplication and division.
- Recognising, naming and writing fractions including halves, quarters and thirds.
- Learning how to find a fraction of a shape and a quantity.
- Learning to recognise equivalence in fractions.
- Learning to tell the time on an analogue clock in five minute intervals.
- Comparing and order time in sequence.
- Solving problems involving time.
In topic we will be…
- Learning about the main beliefs and practices of Hinduism.
- Using a range of drawing, painting and sculpture skills to create Indian landscapes, clay diva lamps and close observation drawings of Indian artefacts.
- Using maps and atlases to locate the UK and India.
- Learning about the similarities and differences between our lives and the lives of those living in India.
- Learning about significant people and events in Indian history.
- Identifying Indian animals and plants and how they have adapted to suit their habitats.
- Tasting Indian foods and writing recipes.
- Listening to and retelling a range of Indian traditional tales.