- Current Staff
- School Governors
- Collabrative Working
- Sports Premium
- British Values
- Pupil Premium
- Behaviour Policy
- Charging and Remissions
- Safeguarding Policy
- Sex and Relationship Education Policy
- Maths Calculation Policy
- Homework Policy
- Attendance Policy
- Anti-Bullying Policy
- Accessibility Plan 2015-2020
- School Complaints Procedure and Policy Sept 2015
Effective Use of PE Sports Premium Funding
For 2015/2016 Paddocks Primary School has received approximately £8,000 which we have used or will be using to improve our PE and sport provision in the following ways:
- We contributed a significant proportion of funding to our local network, the Forest Heath Schools Sports Partnership. Membership of this partnership allows us to participate in a wide variety of inter-school tournaments in the Newmarket and Mildenhall area. We are also able to send teachers on CPD courses, access 18 hours worth of sports coaches to upskill teachers, and allow gifted and talented children to attend specialist workshops as a result of our membership.
- Employed specialist qualified coaches to work with teachers to enhance and develop their skills and confidence in delivering quality PE lessons, covering all aspects of the PE curriculum.
- Provided funding to enable to all children to take part in sporting activities through subsidised Premier Sport and Premier Dance clubs, both after school and during school holidays.
- Worked with FHPSSA manager Ian Jackson to evaluate PE provision and support PE development and improvement at Paddock
- Provided release time for our PE coordinator to develop his skills and knowledge, and his ability to monitor and evaluate high quality PE lessons and support all staff in achieving this, including attendance at local network meetings and a yearly conference. This will help to ensure sustainable improvement in the future.
- Provided leadership and management training for our PE coordinator.
- Purchased additional equipment as necessary to enhance PE lessons and additional clubs.
- Gave children the skills, knowledge, training and resources to be able to assist in leading their own games and activities at break times and lunchtimes through the Play Leader scheme.
- Purchased a centralised scheme of work for all staff, in line with the new National Curriculum.
In the future we will spend the remaining funds on:
- Introducing 'Balanceability' cycling lessons to children in Year 1
- Continue to provide qualified coaches to work alongside our teachers to provide quality first teaching in PE and Games lessons..
- Provide/purchase additional resources for break and lunchtime to enhance playground activities.
- Training more children as play leaders during lunchtimes to improve social interaction and sports skills.
- Working towards earning the Gold School Games Mark in 2017
Impact so far:
- Achieved the Sainsbury’s School Games ‘Silver Award’ for the year 2015/2016.
- Increased participation in inter school sports competitions, reaching two County finals in the 2015/2016 academic year. The previous year we reached one County Final.
- In 2015/2016, Paddocks attended the U11 Football tournament, the U11 Hockey tournament, U11 Tag Rugby, U11 Swimming, Sportshall Athletics, Quadkids Athletics, U11 Netball, U11 Cricket, Mini-Tennis, Primary School Multi-Sports and the U11 Rounders competition.
- Year 5 and Year 6 children have been trained to become ‘Play Leaders’, where they teach games and dance to children in Year 1 and Year 2 during their lunch hour. This has raised the profile of PE around the school.
- After school clubs in Football, Hockey, Athletics, Basketball, Cricket, Tennis, Rounders and Tag Rugby took place.
- Premier Sport and Premier Dance also offered after school clubs.
- In 2015/2016, 65% of children in Year 5 and Year 6 have attended an after school club. This is an increase from 49% the previous year.
- Upskilled teacher’s subject knowledge and confidence with delivery of PE, through our involvement with Premier Sports coaches. This will help to ensure sustainable improvement for the future
- Broader range of sports and activities offered to all children, through PE lessons, extra-curricular clubs and our Play Leader scheme.
- Increased number of children being chosen to represent Paddocks at the Forest Heath Gifted and Talented Workshop.
- In 2016/2017 – Paddocks will be attending all of the above, as well as the Run The Walks cross country competition.